TaylorMade M5 & M6 - New 2019 Collection Presale
Learn More About TaylorMade M5 & M6 - New 2019 Collection Presale
Introducing TaylorMade M5/M6 Metalwoods & Irons
Check out new drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and irons from the TaylorMade M5/M6 family. Learn more about these game-changing clubs and find the right fit for your game.
With M5 and M6, TaylorMade offers a driver line that takes players as close as possible to the USGA and R&A legal limit for face flexibility, which translates to seriously fast ball speed.
Each M5 and M6 driver head actually starts out beyond the legal limits for speed but is then pulled back to the USGA and R&A standards by a proprietary resin that is injected into two ports on each clubface. This process brings each driver head to the tightest possible tolerance for speed.
The new TaylorMade drivers will continue to feature TwistFace® technology, a revolutionary face curvature introduced in last year’s M3/M4 line. TwistFace helps to correct the two most common types of mis-hits: contact off the high toe and low heel. The face is strategically curved in these two areas to help reduce the sidespin that carries shots off target.
Hammerhead 2.0 technology also returns to TaylorMade’s 2019 driver family. This flexible slot on the sole expands the sweet spot and preserves ball speed on off-center strikes.
In total, there are four driver types in the M5/M6 line:
- TaylorMade M5 Driver: The M5 is designed for personalized performance, featuring an Inverse T-Track with two 10-gram movable weights that allow players to optimize spin and trajectory. The inverted design allows the weight to be positioned further back along the perimeter of the club, lowering the CG and increasing MOI/forgiveness.
- TaylorMade M5 Tour Driver: The M5 Tour includes the same features of the standard M5 in a smaller, Tour-inspired design with a 435cc head. “The result is improved aerodynamics for increased clubhead speed, refined players shaping for enhanced workability, and lower spin properties for more distance and control,” says Todd Beach, Senior Vice President of RD and Engineering for Taylormade.
- TaylorMade M6 Driver: The M6 aims to give players greater forgiveness through an “Inertia Generator,” which stores 46 grams of weight low and back to lower the center of gravity and maximize launch.
- TaylorMade M6 D-Type Driver: The M6 D-Type offers the same performance features as the standard M6, but it is designed to reduce slices by promoting a draw at impact.
Watch some of the world's best players test the limits of new M5 and M6 drivers.
M5/M6 Fairway Woods & Hybrids
Unlike last year’s M3 and M4 fairways, the M5/M6 fairway woods now include TwistFace technology. Take a closer look at TaylorMade’s latest fairway offerings.
- M5 Fairway: The M5 fairway wood boasts an impressive collection of premium materials in its construction. The titanium face and body provide exceptional accuracy in a powerful package, while the six-layer carbon crown inspires confidence at address. What truly sets the M5 fairway apart is the 65-gram, stainless steel weight that provides generous draw/fade adjustability and smooth turf interaction. Plus, a new Loft Sleeve™ offers 12 distinct loft/lie positions.
- M6 Fairway: The M6 fairway wood aims to deliver straight distance and maximum forgiveness. The advanced Speed Pocket™ on the sole combines with a more curved lower face shape to improve playability and ball speed.
- M6 D-Type Fairway: “The M6 D-Type provides all the class-leading performance of the M6 fairway woods but with additional draw-bias for the golfer looking to avoid that dreaded shot that peels off to the right,” says Tomo Bystedt, Senior Director of Product Creation for TaylorMade. “This is new in our offering for 2019 and we think it will be a game-changer for many golfers."
The M6 Rescue is the only hybrid club in the new family. Like the fairways, it is TaylorMade’s first hybrid to include TwistFace technology. Featuring a low-CG steel body and fast, thin face, the M6 Hybrid aims to become TaylorMade’s longest and most versatile hybrid to date.
The new M5 is a game-improvement iron featuring a traditional, compact shape designed to appeal to all players. The key feature is Speed Bridge™ technology, which combines TaylorMade’s Speed Pocket™, an ultra-thin face, and added stiffness around the club’s perimeter to deliver exceptional speed.
”In the past, there has always been a trade-off between increasing distance and improving sound and feel,” says Bret Wahl, Vice President of Product Development for TaylorMade. “Speed Bridge has redefined iron design to give players exceptional distance AND incredible sound and feel — all in one package. By combining Speed Bridge with our industry-leading performance technologies in a player-preferred shape, the M5 iron caters to the player who wants their distance with exceptional control."
M6 irons aim to give players explosive distance with maximum forgiveness. Patented off-center Inverted Cone Technology expands the sweet spot and promotes straighter shots for golfers at all levels.
"At TaylorMade, we have always strived to push the performance envelope to give players maximum distance and forgiveness in our game-improvement irons,” says Matt Bovee, Senior Manager of Product Creation at TaylorMade. “Our new Speed Bridge technology allows us to do exactly that while improving sound and feel at the same time.”
Shop all TaylorMade 2019 M5 & M6 Irons online today at DICK'S Sporting Goods.